Sunday, November 13, 2011

11/11/11

A couple days late, but I've always been told that it's better to be late than never. The first time I had ever been told about make a wish on 11:11pm was back in High School. What a long time ago, and there I was on Friday, November 11th, 2011 @ 11:11pm making one of those super epic wishes. What did I wish for? Man, I'd love to tell you, but then it wouldn't come true... and well it's just not worth that chance!
But it's on the lines of... Staying dedicated to keep learning new things each and everyday that I have. Whether it be getting my ass kicked by a mother of two @Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or learning how not to punch and kick like a girlie-girl @Muay Thai or even to my new fascination, the Piano. 
To be honest, this mother of two, is legit. She's awesome, she's taught me a lot of different escapes, chokes, joint locks, and how to transition to different positions. She's great and I feel amazingly lucky to be able to train and learn from her. Despite her awesome tenacity and how fast she chokes me out or gets me to tap.
The scariest part in this whole after-college life is... The expectation that I should be someone. Have that career, or have my life all figured out. [Which I give props to all that have this together more than I do] I really feel like I'm just learning how awesome this world can be (and how shitty it can be too) but I feel that pressure. These looks from parents whose kids are all starting with great companies. I don't let a lot get to me, but I always get that nervous/awkward/pressure that I should be doing something that other people respect.
I'm sure many people would say, "that's your ego talking, you don't need to keep up with the Jones." Which I understand, but if I get that nervous/tense&Awk pressure, I'm sure other college grads are out there feeling that same pressure. Which sucks, because it's not a cool feeling. I don't think anyone should have to feel this awkward moment.
So remember that you aren't the only one out there, my friends. My hand is up and I have a couple shoulders to lean on. Life isn't made to do a solo run through so let's make it easier for us and take this step together.

Much Love

"I was put here to do something before I'm lying in that casket, I'd be lying on the beat if I said I didn't know what that is, The world's a stage and we a play a character..." Macklemore - Vipassana

No comments:

Post a Comment